Provide health management services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS. The ideal candidate will be compassionate, creative, energetic, knowledgeable, resourceful, and reliable. The Medical Case Manager works within a team-oriented environment to help clients access and adhere to medical care, improve medical outcomes, and increase client self-sufficiency.
Specific Duties &Responsibilities:
· Medical and Psychosocial Case Management assessment and follow-up (including medication adherence and primary medical care retention, mental/physical health status, activities of daily living [ADL]);
· Create, follow-up and revise individualized client care plans;
· Provide client education around health literacy, medical adherence, and risk reduction; may include accompanying clients to medical appointments;
· Assist clients with accessing other ASHwell services;
· Offer education, information & referral & assistance in accessing network of community resources/services (to address assessed needs listed above) with the overall goal of increasing access and adherence to primary HIV medical care and improving client self-sufficiency and health self-management;
· Identify potential barriers faced by current clients and address as needed;
· Maintain documentation (TCT database & paper forms/files);
· Participate and facilitate intra- and inter-agency case reviews as needed to maintain continuity of care;
· Act as primary liaison between ASHwell Case Management program and area HIV medical providers
· Administrative duties as required to fulfill above responsibilities.
· Participate in professional development related to social work and HIV education
· Master’s degree in social work or related field
· LMSW preferred with specific course work or experience related to sexual health and minimum of two (2) years medical case management work job experience.
· Interviewing and assessment skills (strong ability to listen without judgment);
· Cultural awareness & sensitivity;
· Knowledge of/ability to research available community resources;
· PC (Windows, Word, Excel, Access) and internet proficient; and
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have an advanced knowledge of categories in mental illness, personality development, knowledge of the types of psychiatric treatment, and skills in conducting individual, group, and family therapy.
· Must have knowledge in adjustment to medical diagnosis and chronic disease. Strong human relation skills are needed to interact with patients, patient’s family members, consultants, residents, medical personnel, community agencies, and other resources.
· Must also have psychosocial diagnostic skills, technical skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
· Fluent in English and Spanish with proficient reading and writing skills in both languages.
· Experience working or volunteering in HIV/STI prevention or other community health programs preferred.
· Experience working with electronic medical record platforms.
· Experience conducting Motivational Interviewing (MI)
· Experience in solution focus interventions
· Experience with crisis intervention
License or certification:
Licensure as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in the State of Texas or related field
Full Time / Non-exempt
Compensation and Benefits:
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. Compensation package will be detailed on offer letter.
Equal opportunity employer:
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer ASHWell is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ2SAI+ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year