Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Development Director will work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to shape and lead a comprehensive development and communications strategy that sustains the organization. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, major gifts, events, volunteers and special projects to support development activities and promote overall access to HIV and Hepatitis C services.
· Initiate and manage annual and long-range fund development activities, developing diversified and sustainable sources of revenue including major gifts, events, giving campaigns, planned giving, and corporate and civic partners.
· Cultivate and sustain donor relationships using best practices in donor stewardship.
· Research new and existing fund sources/donors to maximize funds raised.
· Make face-to-face visits to prospective and current donors.
· Prepare error-free and timely correspondence, proposals, and documentation of meetings, research, etc.
· Assist as needed in securing media coverage for ASHWell activities.
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years professional development experience.
· Successful track record in giving campaigns, events, and major donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship, and in achieving major fund raising goals.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and utilization of a collaborative approach to working with a wide variety of people.
· Experience in communications strategy, marketing, and message development.
· Demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Clear, concise, and effective written and oral communication skills, including proofreading, writing, drafting correspondence, and preparing multimedia (particularly digital) communications to meet development goals.
· Experience coordinating projects, producing written reports and proposals, and making public presentations.
· Technologically savvy.
· Energetic self-starter who can work independently and initiate and pursue objectives in an organized and efficient manner.
· Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when necessary; and excellent analytical and organizational skills.